Located on the northern border of the Sultanate of Oman, Musandam is the place where the mountains and sea connect. This beautiful juxtaposition is one of the most striking features of this region. This region is a part of Oman but is separated by the UAE and is situated near Dubai. This breath-taking location features the magnificent Hajar Mountains, sparkling waters and stunning fjords. which make the Musandam Tour worth every minute!
Musandam has become one of the most sought-after tourist destinations near Dubai. The place is filled with boundless archaeological and natural wonders. The Dhow cruise and the boat rides are the perfect way to sail through this wonderful place. The Musandam Dibba Tour is popular not only among the travellers but also among the local people.
Experience the unforgettable beauty of Musandam and let the cool water and the breeze rejuvenate your mind and fill your heart with wonder! The Musandam trip will be an experience of a lifetime. It is a major attraction in the Oman Tours.
What makes Musandam a popular destination?
Musandam offers untouched natural beauty, crystal clear waters, challenging mountains and a plethora of sea wildlife. Though it is in Oman it is accessible from Dubai through a 2-hour journey by road. It is a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and provides a calm and soothing atmosphere to the travelers.
The high geometrical mountain ranges surrounding the turquoise waters make this place a sight to behold. This place is a world of contrasts, on one hand, it offers tranquillity and peace but on the other hand, it offers a vast range of activities like snorkeling, canoeing and swimming for the adventure-loving folks!
The Musandam Dhow Cruise packages give you a taste of the Omani culture and provide mouth-watering food.
Things You Can Do on a Musandam Day Trip
1. Sail Around the Fjords on a Dhow Cruise Ride
Dhows are traditional Arabian boats that were used by the Arabic traders to trade produce and other valuable items across the Middle East and South Asia. The Musandam Day Trip features a Dhow Ride from Dibba. The early Dhows were made from teak and were tied by coconut ropes, but they have been modernized. The brown wooden exterior and the triangular sail gives you an essence of the traditional boats. The fjords also called ‘khors’ can be explored on the Dhows while sipping on the Omani coffee.
2. Go Snorkelling and Diving
If you wish to explore the natural caves and fissures underneath the sea and witness the sea wildlife, then you should go snorkelling. The place also has a coral reef that supports an entire ecosystem. You can snorkel even if you have no clue about swimming and often a pod of dolphins will come and join you during your dip into the water. If you’re one of the PADI divers, you can dive into the tranquil waters to explore the secrets that the sea holds. The unpredictable currents do not allow divers without training to dive into the water. The Musandam Sea Adventures will make you forget about all your worries and have a smashing time.
3. Take a Trip to the Khasab Castle
The Khasab Castle was built by the Portuguese in the 17th century when they colonized Khasab and planned to take over the Strait of Hormuz. The Portuguese were thrown out by the Omanis in 1624, who took control over the Castle.
The castle features several exhibitions showcasing the history and culture of Musandam. There are things like wedding decorations, clothes, weapons, kitchen equipment and many others on display. There is a Quran learning school, a summer house and date storage room in the castle. Three Musandam built Omani boats and few ancient canons adorn the exterior the castle. The castle gives you a glimpse into the history and culture of Khasab which is also called the ‘Norway of Arabia’. You can also visit the Bukha fort which is 30kms from Khasab. These places truly reflect the traditional Omani lifestyle. This castle is one of the highlights of the Musandam Tourism.
4.Relish in the Unbounded Beauty of Musandam
The Musandam Trip will take you through the pristine beauty of nature. You will witness the rugged limestone mountains that connect with the sea in fjords also called ‘khors’ in the local language. The uneven and wild coastline of Musandam is one of the main highlights of the Musandam tour. You can soak up the scenic beauty and relax amidst the plenty of wonders that God has provided us with!
5. Indulge in a series of water activities that will leave you wanting more!
Snorkelling and Diving are just a small chunk of water sports that you can enjoy in Musandam. You can take a swim in the clear blue waters of the sea and cool yourself. Fishing is one of the most interesting activities that can be done from the Dhow that you are travelling in. If God favours you, then you will be taking a few fishes back home with you for dinner! In addition to this, you can also go canoeing and kayaking to explore the cliffs and the places that are not accessible by the Dhows due to their size.
Musandam Dibba Cruise Tour with Tripx Tours
Located in the amazing Musandam Peninsula, the Day trip to the picturesque location will certainly set you on a diverse level of escapade and excitement in both roadways and waterways.
- A two-hour road journey from Dubai to Musandam Dibba Harbour.
- Board a Dhow to cruise through the waters.
- Enjoy unlimited soft drinks and refreshments amidst the beauty of Musandam.
- Snorkel and swim in crystal clear water.
- Enjoy International buffet lunch onboard the Dhow.
Explore the stone houses, the banana boat ride, the fisherman villages and many more attractions.
Notes to keep in mind!
- Musandam is an exclave of Oman which means that a valid visa is required to enter the territory. You don’t have anything to worry about though! We will take care of the border permission for you but make sure you have a 6months valid passport.
- The cruising time is from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm. If you’re not opting for transportation, please report 30 mins before the departure of the cruise.
- The area is extremely dry and sunny so please apply sunscreen to save your skin from any burns.
- Wear easy and comfortable clothes and shoes so that you can enjoy your surroundings without worrying about any of those. Any clothes and safety kits for snorkelling will be provided.
- You will get unlimited refreshments and drinks on board but in case somebody in your family has special dietary requirements please get your food and drinks along.
- Keep yourself hydrated! Drink lots of water and cool beverages to keep your skin and body refreshed.
Tripx Tours offers an exciting Musandam-Dibba Tour Cruise from Dubai to Musandam. Intrigued about the secrets and the stunning sights that Musandam holds? Book your tickets and have a wonderful trip to Musandam! The world is yours to witness. So, keep exploring with #NOREGRETS!