It is amazing to know that the Global Village in Dubai is back again this October 30 with a big bang. Being the most awaited attractions in Dubai, Global Village which has much acceleration and attention is known for its podium for a reunion of people across the world. Global Village is defined as the miniature world which is crammed into a single space where you can explore the culture of various countries.
Expo 2020 is just a few months away and we are excited! For more information about Dubai Expo 2020, visit our page!
As the name suggests, Global Village this year will showcase the culture of more than 75 countries of the world in its pavilion. For the first time ever in Global Village this year, you can explore the Far East Pavilion featuring South Korea, Japan, and the Philippines. It is a place where you can feel the sensational shopping spectacle every year in the winter season. As the biggest shopping marketplace of UAE, Global Village also have Fantasy island for the kids and has amusement rides for the adults too.
It is indeed “entire globe under one roof” and this is the reason Dubai Global Village is considered as one of the world’s largest entertaining hubs. Let us have a look at the global specialties of Global Village in the following.
The Global Specialties:
1. Shopping Galore:
In terms of souvenirs and vintage items, Global Village offers a complete visual treat for shoppers. Featuring the ample shopping amenities, you will find 30 pavilions in the ultimate paradise of shopaholics which represents 75 countries worldwide. You can have the opportunity to shop vintage products like
- Carpets from Afghanistan,
- Pure honey from Yemen,
- Dry fruits from Thailand,
- Silk and cotton from India,
- Saffron from Iran,
- Spices from Nigeria,
- Argan Oil from Morocco,
- Scarves from Egypt,
- Shea Butter from Africa,
- Coffee, rose perfume from Turkey
2. Dining Options:
The area is full of cafes and restaurants serving cuisines across the world that include Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Emirati, Thai and many more. If you are a big fan of street foods, then Global Village is the ideal place for you. A total of 120 food kiosks and 27 restaurants are present in Global Village such as
- Papa Junior Restaurant (Thai Cuisine)
- Grand Barbeque Restaurant (Indian Cuisine)
- Bab Tuma Restaurant (Syrian cuisine)
- Al Dahhan Restaurant (Egyptian Cuisine)
- Kebapci Restaurant (Turkish Cuisine)
3. A trip to Fantasy Island:
Fantasy Island in Global Village is the homeland of exciting and thrilling roller coasters accompanied by firework displays, dance shows, show games, etc. The rides which are added recently in the Fantasy Island theme parks are Loop Fighter, Crazy Golf Ride, Cape Fear Ghost Train, etc.
Points to remember before visiting Global Village Dubai:
- Kindly note that Mondays are dedicated to families and ladies only.
- On Thursdays and Fridays gates opens at 4.00 PM and closes at 12.30 AM.
- From Wednesday to Saturday, the gates of Global Village open at 4.00 PM and closes at 11.30 PM.
- If you are visiting the park on the weekends, you will see the massive crowd. Hence, we advise you to stick around your closed ones because you can get separated from one another at any moment.
- Reach the venue before the entry timing in order to avoid the rush. In the end, you will get more time watching the park rather than waiting outside.
- If you want a hassle-free trip inside Global Village, then don’t forget to grab the map of Global Village. Navigate through the park easily with the help of the map.
- You are not allowed for any kind of PDA inside the premise of Global Village.
- No pets are allowed inside the premise of the park.
- It is recommended to dress modestly as you have to walk a lot.
- You can buy a VIP Pass if you don’t want to get stuck in the crowd.
- Before deciding any day of visiting the Global Village, you must check the website so that you can check the events which will be happening. In this way, you can extravagance your shopping expedition along with your fun and enjoyment.
- The season of Global Village has begun on 30th October 2018 and it will be continued till the 6th of April.
- If you love to see the fireworks and light displays, then do visit the park on Fridays and Thursdays sharp at 9 PM.
- Get the chance to enjoy live concerts every Friday evening at Global Village.
What’s new in Global Village this year?
- There is one brand new giant Ferris Wheel called “Wheel of the World” which is 58 meters tall is offering an impressive view in the park.
- The world’s first multicultural floating market will be starting this year which will serve foods from worldwide cuisines.
- At the Carnival, you will find a circus experience which includes high wire acts, ringmaster, wheel of death, clowns and many more that you must check.
- The funfair area of the Carnival has been upgraded which is featuring 30 + rides, slides and lots of new-arcade style of games.
Do you want to pick international souvenirs for your closed ones? Head to Global Village and buy your favorite products from the supermarkets, Grand Bazaar, giant candy store and the shops present at the country pavilions. Global Village Dubai has something for all. If you are planning for a trip to Dubai, the Global Village is the one-stop destination for food, shopping, entertainment, shows and much more. At Tripx Tours, you will get the best Holiday Tour Packages at an affordable rate.